4 Steps to Building Your Email List: Step 4
When you're networking:
- Get more exposure for your email list by including a link in your regular emails via your email signature.
- Bring a sign-up sheet to every public event you exhibit at or participate in: fairs, open houses, fundraising events, craft shows—any place where dozens of people are going to learn more about your business.
- Stay in touch before, during, and after an event by collecting email addresses when people register for it.
- Constant Contact’s Scan-to-Join feature allows you to create a simple QR code that, when scanned by a smartphone, takes your customers, clients, members, and supporters to a mobile friendly Join My Mailing List page.
Bonus: Now that you have your list, what content should you share?
- Ask your customers, clients, or members what they want to hear about from you—consider sending a Survey and Feedback campaign in the Constant Contact Toolkit to collect this information quickly and easily.
- Segment your master mailing list into smaller lists that group people together by their interests. It allows you to create truly targeted communications that speak directly to them.
- Collect people’s birthday or anniversary dates. Every month, send a special discount or offer to those celebrating their big day.
All information gathered from Constant Contact!