Whether you are writing a welcome email, event invitation, promotion, or an automated series, it can feel daunting to sit down and write your next email.
You have a limited amount of time where you need to figure out what to write and how to write it so it drives results for your business. After all, your emails need to build relationships, inspire people, and encourage them to take action.
1. Write your email in a way that tells a story and builds a connection with your customers or supporters.
2. You want to provide 80% of valuable content that allows people to know, like and trust you and then 20% of promotional content.
3. Whether you want to celebrate a more formal holiday such as “Fourth of July” or have some fun with holidays such as “National Pizza Day” this type of email content is a great way to engage your readers.
4. You want to provide helpful information that directs people to start, maintain and effectively use your products or services. These are called “How To” emails.
5. Keep your emails consistent with no more than 20 lines of text or 200 words, which results in the highest click-through rate for most industries.